Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Deadeye Dick

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why the left is crowing over Dick Cheney's hunting accident. Yes, it's mildly funny. I snorted when I read the headline. But there are so many other good things to be mad at this administration for. This just isn't worth worrying about.

I've seen someone whom I otherwise respect suggest that it is an impeachable offense. I've seen lists of hunting rules that he must have broken. I've seen people parsing the reports to figure out what he's covering up. Lots of people seem to think there was some kind of deep, mysterious conspiracy about how long it took to break the news.

It reminds me uncomfortably of how the right treated (and still treat) the Clintons. "They killed Vince Foster!" "They cheated to make money at Whitewater!" "They knocked over a convenience store!"

Cheney had a hunting accident. Forget it. He already has.

0 comments: