Thursday, February 09, 2006

An Ego is a Terrible Thing

I am a fair amateur photographer (as you can see from the terrific photos in this blog) and, thanks to a family member who is really into cameras, I have some pretty nice equipment. I enjoy taking pictures, and I like to help out, so I take them for people when I get the chance. I'm the one who takes pictures of the new faculty to put up in our department, for instance. My photos are on several web sites, including all over our church's web site.

So last night, the church youth group called me up and asked me to take photos of the couples at the Sweetheart's Dinner this weekend. I've done that in the past, and I was pleased with the results. But it's kind of short notice, and I've learned never to say "Yes" right away, because I get myself into too much trouble doing that. So I said, "Let me think it over and talk to Mrs. Jogger, and I'll get back to you." And I went about what I was doing, sort of convincing myself that I was too busy, and the notice was too short, and I'm sorry, but I'll just have to let them down easy.

So a half hour later, they called me up and said, "Never mind, we found someone else to do it." So of course I'm going, "What's the matter? I'm not good enough for you?"

0 comments: