Saturday, February 11, 2006

We Interrupt this Blog for a Short Exercise in Self-Flagellation

I am the worst teacher in the history of higher education. I should be fired, if not executed. My assets should be confiscated and distributed evenly among those students so unfortunate as to have had me in class. I should stand up in front of the class and say nothing but wrong things. Then at least when my students got the wrong things wrong, there would be a chance they were right. I suck.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your post on the Teaching Carnival - just wanted to say:

a) I had one of those classes last week and said the same things to myself; it's not true, about either of us,

b) You're not alone. Everyone has cringeworthy classes. The students have short memories, and next class will be better. Address the problems, admit mistakes, be a fallible human and have a sense of humour, and they'll still love you. :)