Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday Steeler Blogging

Well, that was a fun game. I was rooting for the Steelers, but just barely. My Dad, Grandpa Jogger, was a big Steelers fan. He grew up in the Ohio River valley, and rooted for the Steelers and the Pirates. My first memories of pro football are of watching the Steelers win the Super Bowl in the 70's.

I have nothing against the Seahawks. Some Packers fans are still mad at Mike Holmgren for leaving, but I don't blame him. He did what he had to do. I still respect him as a coach, and I like the Seahawks in general. They seem like a well-balanced, hard-playing team.

The 11-year-old little Jogger and her 10-year-old friend were much amused by Mick Jagger prancing around the stage at halftime. The Stones are a little before my time, and I admit I was never much of a fan. It was fun to see them through the kids' eyes. "Who are these old guys, and what do they think they are doing?"

In honor of a Steelers victory, I've decided that the next leg of my trip, after the Liberty Bell, will be to Pittsburgh to visit Heinz Field. It's 308 miles, meaning that it will take me some three or four months.

0 comments: