Sunday, March 11, 2007

Day 310 -- Beloit

Being from southern Wisconsin, I'm reasonably familiar with Beloit, but this ain't it. Beloit, Kansas, has just 4100 people (Beloit, Wisconsin, has 36,000), but it's the county seat of Mitchell County.

I ran 14 miles today, the longest I've ever run. It was a beautiful day for it. I actually ran in shorts and, for the second half, a short-sleeved shirt. It was simply gorgeous. I ran almost 36 miles for the week, which is the longest of the year.

In Realityland(tm), we are in Grandma Jogger's town. We got up early this morning and drove here, instead of going to church. Pretty much as soon as we got here, I went out for a run. The first 8 or 10 miles felt pretty good. It was nice to stretch my legs after four hours in the car. The last bit was a struggle, but it was no worse than I expected.

0 comments: