Sunday, March 18, 2007

Day 314 -- Downs, Kansas


I'm passing a little north of Downs, Kansas, the home of the Kansas Storytelling Festival. This year's festival is April 27 and 28th, but I don't think that I'll wait. It looks like a lot of fun. I love a real good storyteller.

I ran fifteen miles today, another new all-time long. I skipped yesterday entirely, because I couldn't get away, with Mrs. Jogger out of the house. So I was sort of hoping that today's run would seem easier than last week, when I was coming off a seven miler on Saturday. No such luck. It was pretty tiring. I made it, but I remember clearly thinking "I'm going to run 11 miles further than this? In one day? Not a chance!" But I'll do it. I just need to work my way up.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delighted to learn you have visited Downs, Kansas. My great-grandfather once homesteaded some land near there in about 1870 or so. Osborne County, right? My grandmother took in boarders to buy out the other heirs, and left it to my brother and me when she died in the 1950's. I never saw it, so I am glad you did. KD