Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Day 321 -- Red Cloud, Nebraska


This is a little out of order. Red Cloud is east of Inavale, and I'm now slightly west. But it had a nice web page, and it is the childhood home of Willa Cather. (That's her house, below.) So why not stop in? Also, in the web page, they boast, "Unlike many towns whose borders are marred and compromised by fast food stores and service shops, the Red Cloud townscape remains neatly self-contained." Well, how can I pass that up?

I ran eight miles today. I had planned out a route that was pretty hilly, especially in the first half. So, as if to punish me for my hubris, Mother Nature arranged for a nice brisk wind to run into. So it was quite a workout. Even so, I managed to run a brisk (if not spectacular) pace, and I felt pretty good, after.

0 comments: