Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Travels with Charlie

We went out today and picked up some more stuff from the Hunters' house. Mrs. H is now out of state. She packed up as much as she could and drove away on Monday. There were still a few things left that she wanted. Mr. H is supposed to get out of jail on Friday, so we got that stuff out and put it in storage.

We also adopted a couple of her pets. We have a cat, named Callie, and a turtle, named Charlie. Theoretically, they are going back to Mrs. H someday, but we aren't sure when or how. So, for now, we have added to our menagerie.

Going out to the Hunters' was very depressing for me. It was hard to look at this house, half torn apart, and think about my friends, and how they came to this point. I don't really like it when my friends get divorced. It always feels like, "There but for the grace of God go I." I know, we're not like them. In particular, I'm not like Mr. H. Still, it's not easy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have had similar feelings with long-time friends who divorced.

Mrs. Hunter is fortunate to have your family helping. God Bless and thank you for keeping her pets safe.