Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Happy Birthday, Little Jogger!

Today is the First Little Jogger's birthday. Mrs. Jogger and I were both up early today, and reflected on the memory that we were up early on this date 12 years ago. Frankly, our reason for getting up then was a lot better than our reason for getting up now.

The First Little Jogger is very bright, very cute, and very responsible. I blame her mother. Like any 12-year-old, she's going through a lot of personal growth. "Who am I? Who am I going to be? How do I fit in? What the hell is going on with my body?" It's tough to watch her go through it, because she takes it all so seriously. But there is nothing we can do to protect her from this particular experience. A certain amount of heartache is just going to happen in this world.

Ultimately, the First Little Jogger is a fairly happy child. She enjoys school, she has lots of friends, and she gets along pretty well with her parents and about 2/3 of her siblings. I'm pretty happy and proud to have her around.

0 comments: