Friday, March 09, 2007

Spring Break -- And Not a Moment Too Soon

Spring break has sprung, and I, for one, am ready for it. I do have some things to do, of course. I still haven't graded the exam I gave Tuesday! I really should have it done, but I had two students with dead grandparents who didn't get to take the exam until today. (The one I'm pretty sure is real; his grandfather died before I had even announced the exam. The other, who knows?) Knowing I couldn't give the exam back today anyway, I lacked motivation to work hard to get it graded. And now I lack motivation to get it graded before, say, next Sunday night. But I really should. It would be good to not have it hanging over my head.

The Little Joggers have spring break, too, so we're all heading down to Grandma Jogger's for a visit, because the alternative is a whole week of family togetherness, which is a homicide waiting to happen. We're even planning to dump the Little Joggers on Grandma J and head off by ourselves for a couple of days, just to hear the sound of the silence. It should be terrific.

0 comments: