Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Day 648 -- Rio Dell


The Environmental Protection Agency has an interesting story on the efforts of Rio Dell, California to revitalize its downtown without having a negative environmental impact. Apparently they are carefully planning, and as they go, they are actually measuring changes in levels of contaminants. It's a far cry from the old days, when people just slapped up whatever they wanted and figured all the bad stuff would wash downstream.

After yesterday's unscheduled day off, I felt really good this morning. I did 7.5 miles right on my 10 minute pace. Considering that I was running some of the hillier parts of town, I think that's pretty good. The humidity is still high, but not quite as high as it has been. In any case, I'm feeling good right now. We'll see how Sunday's long run goes.

0 comments: