Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 658 -- More Redwood National Park


I'm more or less at the other end of Redwood National Park, and I thought that I would stop once more at ParkVision. There are hundreds of great photos that I could take from there. I decided on this Roosevelt Elk. Click through for the story of these beautiful animals, which have bounced back from the brink of extinction, although they remain extremely rare.

A relatively cool air mass invaded the Midwest yesterday. We turned off the air conditioning and opened up the windows, which was literally a breath of fresh air. The biggest problem is that all that fresh air helped me to sleep really soundly, and I didn't want to get out of bed this morning.

But get out of bed I did, and I had a great run. I ran 8 miles just about exactly on my goal pace. It was nice to have cooler, dryer air. I could have run a lot further.

0 comments: