Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day, for those of you in the U.S., and Happy Fourth of July to everyone else. For the first time in three years, I don't have a July 4th race. There is a 5K here in town, but today will be busy enough without it. Besides, I didn't finish my run yesterday thinking, "What I really need is an extra three miles." I finished it thinking, "What I really need is a day off." So this is it.

We're taking off around noon to drive down to Grandma Jogger's house for a visit. My sister is up from Georgia with her family, so Grandma J will have a houseful. It should be fun.

I experienced one of those "You know you're a runner when..." moments as I prepared for this trip. "You know you're a runner when you are going for a three day weekend and you pack your running stuff first." I may have forgotten a change of underwear, but by golly I have everything I need for two runs while I'm down there.

I'm leaving the laptop here, so I won't be blogging for the next few days. Rest assured, I'll get caught up when I get back. Have a good weekend!

0 comments: