Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 660 -- Klamath


Hat tip to Addy N. on this one, who left a link to Trees of Mystery some time ago, wondering if I had passed it or not. No, I hadn't, and now I've finally reached it. I note also that The World's Largest Collection of the Worlds Smallest Versions of the World's Largest Things lists the world's largest Paul Bunyan as being in Bemidji, Minnesota. However, that Paul is a mere shrimp, at 18 feet, and the Klamath Paul checks in at "49 feet 2 inches tall on a cold day. (3/4 of an inch taller on a warm day.)" Better get this cleared up, Erika!

Today, I finally ran the sequel to last Wednesday's ugly run -- a long pace run in humid conditions. I'm proud to say that I toughed it out. I managed 8.3 miles at a 9:45 pace, which is just exactly the pace I want for the marathon. I certainly felt it in the last couple of miles. But when I was done, I felt absolutely terrific! Tomorrow, I'm supposed to run 16 miles, but at least I won't be running them as fast as I ran today.

0 comments: