Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 653 -- Westhaven


Another beach scene, this one from Flikr. This is Moonstone Beach, somewhere between Westhaven and Trinidad. I don't think I'm quite that far, yet, but what the heck. I felt like playing some frisbee.

There is no word for today's run other than "ugly." You could smell the humidity in the air from the moment I walked out the door. By the time I was done, you could smell something a lot worse, but only if you were downwind.

Today was supposed to be a 7.5 mile pace run. I held the pace for the first four miles or so, but then I just broke down. I lost track of how many walk breaks I took in those last three miles, but it had to have been at least five. In between, I was barely trotting. I finished a solid seven minutes over my goal pace. And remember, I lost those seven minutes in just three miles!

Usually, even after a bad run, I can think of something positive. Not today. The most positive thing that I can think of is that I didn't die. I hope I do at least that much tomorrow.

0 comments: