Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Birthday, Little Jogger!

Today, we celebrate the 14th birthday of the oldest and newest Little Jogger. She is rapidly turning into a bratty teenager. (What was she before? A bratty preteen.) She spends most of her time hanging around with her friends and worrying about what she's wearing.

I've discovered a wonderful secret. I can embarrass her just by looking at her. I don't need to act silly or anything. Just a calm, steady gaze will drive her bonkers. It's one of the few powers that I still have. It does sound a little weird when I threaten her, though. "Clean up your room, or I'll stare at you!"

Seriously, she's a good kid. Like all 14-year-olds, she's just trying to figure out who she is. Whatever rebelliousness she's experimenting with, it's mostly aimed at us. All of her friends parents tell us how well-behaved and sweet she is. So I guess she's doing OK.

0 comments: