Friday, July 11, 2008

OMG Shoez!


I've always been kind of a shoe guy. Mrs. Jogger has teased me about it, well, forever. But it has been getting worse in the last couple of years. When I first started running, I'd buy any old cheap pair of shoes and run until they disintegrated, then buy another cheap pair of shoes. So running really didn't add that many extra shoes to the already impressive collection.

In the last couple of years, though, I've started having more than one pair of designated running shoes at a time. Right now I have three. And I don't run in them until they wear out. I run in them until they start to show a little wear, then demote them to everyday shoes. So my collection of everyday shoes is kind of burgeoning. I get about 400 miles of running in a pair of shoes. Since I've run 3700 miles in the last two and a half years, that's nine pairs of shoes right there added to my collection.

And today, I made it worse. We took the medium Little Jogger to stay with Grandma Jogger for four days. We met her halfway. At the outlet mall. Where the Reebok store is. So I added three new pairs, to be worked into the running rotation as my current pairs wear out.

In case you can't count, there are 27 pairs of shoes in this picture. That's a lot for a guy with only one pair of feet. I found one other pair that didn't make it into the shot, too. Of the 28 pairs, 19 are current, former, or future running shoes.

1 comments:

Bob said...

Can we now call you Emelda of the Midwest?
Uncle Not A.