Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 693 -- Albany


Man, I needed that! When you are training for a marathon, two whole days off seems like forever. I popped out of bed this morning with plenty of energy. I hit the road and did a brisk 12.8 miles. I ran it faster than my usual long runs, although not quite at my ten minute pace. I timed the last mile in something between 9:10 and 9:30, though, so I still had a lot of energy at the end. Mostly, I was just happy to be running again.

Even with that, it was an ugly day. I had a lot of grading to do. I got much of it done, but not all. I also wanted to try to get the place cleaned up a little. Mrs. Jogger has been out of town for three days with one of her friends, and I didn't want her to come in, take one look around, and walk back out again. I got laundry and dishes done, but I didn't get the lawn mowed. It's been rainy for the past four or five days, so the lawn is just growing wild.

In case you were interested, I'm standing in front of the Linn County Courthouse in Albany. This image is from I-5 On-line.

1 comments:

Joe said...

Sounds like you had a good run. Having that energy at the end is a great sign.