Friday, April 03, 2009

Day 834 -- More Hebgen Lake


The technical college up in Madison had a program today for Math Awareness Month. There was a Sudoku contest, and a couple of talks. I'm afraid I gave the second best talk of the day. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as the talk I had to follow. Between that, and the fact that the kids were all itching to start the contest, they were a little antsy during my talk.

I didn't run this morning, because we had to leave at 7:00, to make sure that we would make it through the Madison traffic. "We" included the first Little Jogger and one of her friends. Public schools in our town had the day off for teacher prep, so they decided to tag along. They couldn't enter the contest, but I think they had fun just hanging out and watching and not being near pesky little brothers, of which they have three between them.

Anyway, we got back in the middle of the afternoon, and I went for a quick five then. It felt pretty good, but there was too darn much traffic in the middle of the afternoon. It's much quieter at 5:30 am.

This photo, by the way, comes from the Montana film board.

0 comments: