Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 855 -- Jogger's Progress


TripYTDApr
Distance5209.3625.0156
Time34 days, 6 hrs, 27 min
4 days, 6 hours, 17 mins
26:36
Days8559824
States1942

Well, April ended not with a bang, but with a whimper. I took another day off yesterday. That bought me an extra hour of sleep, but I was kind of tired and listless all day. This morning it was raining, so I went down to the gym, where I only got in four miles. I started out too fast, and I just couldn't keep up the pace. I could have run another mile or two if I had slowed down, but I didn't. This cold is just sapping my energy. I may take tomorrow off, too.

I did make my daily goal for April. I ran 24 days, and I had set a goal of 22. However, I came well short of my mileage goal. I had set a goal of 175, but I only did 156. Even if I hadn't skipped those two days this last week, I still wouldn't have made it. Mostly, the problem was that I missed a couple of long runs this month.

My goals for May are fairly modest. I ran 24 days and 137 miles in May, 2007. I will aim for 25 days and 140 miles in May, 2009. We'll see. Starting with a day off isn't going to be the best way to reach that goal, but neither is having a cold that hangs on for weeks.

0 comments: