Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Day 832 -- More Gallatin National Forest


This gentleman is planting trees in Gallatin National Forest. The park has a partnership with the National Arbor Day Foundation. They plant some 200,000 trees a year, mostly in places where they've had a burn. Which is a lot. 250,000 acres of the park burned in 2006, and another 50,000 in 2007. It will take them a while to catch up with that.

I didn't really feel like running this morning. But I didn't want to take the first day of the month off, and I really didn't want to take two days off in a row. So I got up and ran. It was cold and windy, and there were even snow flurries, so I went to the gym. It went fine, and I even managed a decent pace. And tomorrow is another day.

1 comments:

COUSIN JOGGER said...

YOU COULD AT LEAST HELP THE POOR MAN INSTEAD OF STANDING THERE WITH YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HIPS!