Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 1023 -- Northfield


I'm not actually running through Northfield. I'm on highway 52, running 10 miles or so to the east. But Northfield is the home of not one, but two small liberal arts colleges, both with fantastic math programs. So I thought I'd better run by for a visit.

Above, you'll find the Old Music Building at St. Olaf College. That's the building pictured on their math department web page, so presumably that's where the math department offices are. Below, Carleton College shows the Center for Mathematics and Computing, which is more what you would expect on the math department page.


I did sleep in this morning, but then I went for a run at noon. It had warmed up to close to freezing, and we hadn't had any fresh snow, so I decided to pop out for and actual run on the city streets. I think that was my first outdoor run of December. With snow in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow, it might be the last, too.

0 comments: