Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 1029 -- Rochester


Rochester provides the opportunity for me to visit two old friends. I found the above image at Beans Around the World, a website devoted to photographing this can of beans in all sorts of unlikely places. As soon as I saw the water tower, I realized that I had seen it at The World's Largest Collection of the World's Smallest Version of the World's Largest Things, and sure enough, the image below was one of their former headers, still tucked away on the What's Large Where? page. It is, of course, the World's Largest Ear of Corn.


I ran 15 miles on the dreadmill today, my last long run of the year. In fact, I don't know how many more runs I'm going to get in this year. Tomorrow, we head down to Iowa to visit Grandma Jogger and the Photographer, and I don't think I'll have the opportunity to run. We're coming back up on New Year's Eve, and I'll try to squeeze in one last run. Perhaps I can go over to Snap Fitness at midnight and run into the new year.

0 comments: