Sunday, May 09, 2010

Day 1129 -- Grayling


For my last really long run before the marathon, I ran....25.5 miles. That's my longest non-marathon run ever. In fact, considering that I walked a considerable amount of all three of my marathons, I would say that I ran today more than I've ever run in one day. I did only my scheduled walk breaks, 100 to 200 yards every three miles. I feel great. In terms of time, I finished in 4 hours and 40 minutes, just about my time goal for the marathon in three weeks. So in three weeks I need to pick up the pace just enough to squeeze in 0.7 more miles in the same time. And no more. If I try to pick up the pace any more than that, I'll blow myself out, and end up walking.

I feel really, really good about today's run, and I can't wait to get out there and run the real thing. OK, I can wait a bit. At least until I can actually walk again.

Today's photo comes from The Agility Nut, who has pages and pages of wonderful old movie theaters.

0 comments: