Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 1139 -- Standish


This story from UpNorthLive.com, is interesting. What I find interesting is that they are actually talking about closing the maximum security prison in Standish. I didn't realize that any prisons in America were in danger of closing. I hadn't heard that we had stopped locking people up. Anyway, the people in Standish aren't happy, because closing the prison will mean a lot of lost jobs. So they are having a candle-light vigil to save the prison. Wait, the article is from last June. So they had a candle-light vigil to save the prison. I don't know how it came out.

I had a nice easy run this morning. Just four miles. Still nice weather. A bit foggy, but nice and cool.

The forecast for next Sunday: Isolated thunderstorms, low of 61, high of 82. Yuck. Even worse than it was.

0 comments: