Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Days 1123 to 1126 -- Vanderbilt



On Friday night, lightning struck the house next door. It apparently fried several major appliances in their house. And our DSL modem. It is now a coaster. So, I had to get a new DSL modem. I got that hooked up, and got the desktop to connect to the internet, but I just couldn't get the wireless router to work. I eventually decided that it was dead, too, and got a new router. Which somehow didn't work quite right. I went through a period where my laptop could connect to the wireless network, but couldn't actually see the internet. And, of course, I had to go off to work, instead of spending full time trying to get the system to work.

All this is to explain why I haven't blogged since Friday. I have had sporadic internet connection at home, and of course full access at work, but I haven't been able to hook the laptop into the internet before tonight.

Rest assured, I have been running. I have run four of the first five days of May (with Monday being a scheduled day off) and have covered 32 miles, including almost 15 on Sunday.

And I've made it to Vanderbilt, where this lovely beach can be found, according to Trails.com. You can rent a chalet near this beach starting at $1050 weekly.

I hope to be back to regular posting tomorrow.

0 comments: