Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day 169 -- Urbana


I don't think I'm quite to Urbana, yet, but there's a big empty between St. Joseph and Urbana, so I decided to go ahead and visit the campus of The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Specifically, here I am standing in front of the building that houses the math department. I don't know anyone there, but my advisor did his research there, so my intellectual lineage passes through Urbana.

I just did a quick 3.4 miles today. I couldn't do it in the morning, because I had to go out early and get my blood drawn for my annual check-up. So I went to the gym at noon. Our school has just opened a new outdoor track, and today was the first time I have run on it. The surface is some sort of space-age rubber (or else recycled tires, I'm not sure) which is really nice to run on. I didn't really love running around in circles, but the surface was nice.

0 comments: