Thursday, September 21, 2006

Day 180 -- Morton


Of course you recognize the scene behind me. It is contestants lined up for the annual "Pumpkin Chuckin' Contest" in Morton, Illinois. This year, it is on October 21 and 22. However, I don't think I'll hang around. Morton has a whole website dedicated to its pumpkin festival. The main festival this year was last weekend, which seems a bit early for a pumpkin festival to me. But the Pumpkin Chuckin' Contest apparently rates a weekend of its own.

I neglected to set my alarm this morning, so I got up a little late. I elected to forego my weight lifting, and just do a light run. The fact that I don't really like lifting has nothing to do with it, of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IN BARNESVILLE OHIO THEY HAVE A PUMPKIN FESTIVAL. THIS YEARS KING PUMPKIN WEIGHED IN AT OVER 1200 POUNDS. HOW FAR DO YOU THINK THEY COULD FLING IT?

USJogger said...

If you click through the link, you can see that the champion pumpkin at the Morton Pumpkin festival was a mere piker at 231 pounds. Of course, Barnesville's festival was a week later this year.....