Friday, September 08, 2006

Day 170 -- A Real Half

Virtually the last thing that I did last night was to read a little essay about the dangers of overtraining. So naturally, I got up this morning and ran 13.1 miles. I really, really wanted to make up for the run that I thought was a half marathon, but that wasn't.

That hadn't been my plan. My plan was that I would take an easy run down to the gym and lift weights, and then do my half marathon tomorrow. But a couple of things changed that. I woke up well before the alarm, so that if I were going to go to the gym, I would have had to kill time until it was open. Plus, because I was up so early, I had time for a long run without eating too much into my morning. Plus, they are predicting rain and possibly thunderstorms for tomorrow morning. I'm not sure I really want to run two hours in the rain, and I know I'm not going to run anywhere in a thunderstorm. Plus, I really, really wanted to make up for the run that I thought was a half marathon, but that wasn't.

So, now I will definitely take tomorrow off, no matter what the weather. If I go out at all on Sunday, I'll make it an easy day. I won't try another hard run until at least Monday. I am predictably tired, now, but it's a good tired. I'm pleased with myself.

0 comments: