Friday, June 06, 2008

Day 625 -- Talmage


I'm not quite to Talmage, but I couldn't wait to get to the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas. After all, according to their web site, they "welcome people who devote themselves to the search for happiness and peace for the human race, and to the investigation of the universal truth of life." Friends, I am all over that. (The picture, by the way, was taken by Qin Zhi Lau. I found it at Answers.com.)

The original plan for this week was for me to run on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, then take Friday off before the weekend. But by late Wednesday, it was pretty clear that I was too sore to run Thursday. So I took yesterday off, and ran an easy 5.3 miles this morning. That was actually indoors, at the gym, because it was thundering when I woke up. It had pretty well blown over by the time I actually got out the door, but I didn't know that.

Now they are predicting more storms tomorrow night into Sunday, so I'm seriously thinking about doing my weekend long run tomorrow, in case Sunday is rotten. The gym isn't even open on Sunday, so that won't be an option.

0 comments: