Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 639 -- Piercy


Piercy, California, is home to Confusion Hill. I hope that the writers at RoadsideAmerica.com were being intentionally ironic when they wrote:
"It is truly a unique Roadside Attraction! Very much the same as mystery spots such as The Wonder Spot, The Mystery Spot and The Oregon Vortex!"

Day 639 was yesterday. I came pretty close to not running yesterday. I was so tired, and I was up late because two of the Little Joggers had play rehearsal until 10:00. As it was, I didn't get to bed until after 10:30, so I got not much more than six hours of sleep. I thought about sleeping in, but I realized that a six mile run would do more than an extra hour of sleep to help me cope with the Cub Scouts for another day.

It was a sweaty run. A huge mass of patented Midwestern humidity has parked over my corner of Wisconsin. It isn't terribly hot, yet, but it's still pretty uncomfortable.

I didn't post at all yesterday, because after Scout Camp, two of the Little Joggers had soccer games, one at 5:30 and one at 6:30. So I went to those, didn't eat supper until I got home, and poured myself into bed. I turned off my alarm, which explains why today isn't Day 640. It looks like I'll be switching my scheduled day off tomorrow with my scheduled easy run today. Either that, or take two days off, but I don't know if I can stand that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you've already passed it, but you should totally have a picture here (click the link for "Paul Bunyan"!)