Saturday, June 07, 2008

Day 626 -- Calpella


I ran 15 miles today, tearing through Talmage, all the way to Calpella. That's right, Calpella. Apparently, this is the west coast version of Grandma Jogger's home town (which, I guess, should really be called Iapella.) If it weren't for JogAmericaBlog, I might have gone through my whole life without knowing that there was a town of Calpella, California.

I'm really proud of my run today. It didn't start out to be a good run. I was tired, and it was wicked humid. It's not a good sign when you are still in the first three miles, and you are already cataloging the things that hurt and ache and itch and chafe. But, by golly, I pounded out the whole 15 miles. There is no feeling quite like the feeling of running right to the point of exhaustion. It was great!

1 comments:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Hi,

Stumbled upon your site and am very intrigued by two things - your virtual running path - sounds like you are almost at your goal (or are you coming back?) and also that you are running IMT Des Moines.

I am from the DSM area - so curious how you landed on such a great marathon. :}

Amy
amy@runnerslounge.com
www.runnerslounge.com
blog.runnerslounge.com