Thursday, June 26, 2008

TIaRT -- Lessons from Tai Chi

As part of Cub Scout Camp yesterday, we had a Tai Chi lesson. I know, you don't normally think of Cub Scouts and Tai Chi as being compatible. I told the speaker after that she was a pretty brave woman to even try it. She did a good job. She introduced it to them as "Super Slo Motion Karate", which sounded cool. Anyway, most of them tried it, at least a little.

Why I bring it up here is because of something she said that may become my new running philosophy. She didn't make a big deal of it. It was almost a throwaway line. She said, "Just because you are moving slow doesn't mean you aren't working hard."

Anyway, that's my contribution to this week's Take It and Run Thursday. I'm not sure that it really answers the challenge posed, but it is 13 words or less.

6 comments:

Joe said...

I remember being a Cub Scout...no chance of any of us moving in slow motion, so big congrats to the instructor on that one.

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Tree said...

How true! What a great way to state it for the boys.

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

That's a great quote!
And, I am a slow runner :)

Leah said...

Great! Sometimes it takes even more work to move slow..

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

In fact, in both running and karate - it is harder to do it slow.

Anonymous said...

Love it!