Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 628 -- Potter Valley


North of Redwood Valley, there's about 20 miles of empty. I don't think of any part of California as being sparsely populated, but there it is. I imagine that they don't think of any part of Wisconsin as being densely populated. (According to Wikipedia, Milwaukee is about 50% more densely populated than San Diego.)

Anyway, I have to reach out a bit to get pictures. There's a town of Potter Valley several miles east of Redwood Valley, and I managed to match that up to this photo, although it's not clear to me whether there's a valley called Potter Valley, which might be separate from the town called Potter Valley. In any case, here I am.

I note that this image is clearly copyrighted, by Barbara Ertter, and that once again, I have used it without permission. Sorry. I also note that the copyright is 1988. Really? It sure as hell wasn't posted on the World Wide Web in 1988. In fact, I'd guess that Ms. Ertter did not have a computer capable of adding that copyright notice in 1988. But, I guess that's when she took the photo.

And what about my running? I ran 5.5 miles today. On Wednesday and Saturday, I'm trying to work on my pacing, running steady 9:45 to 10:00 miles. Today, I failed. I went out too fast, and even though I slowed down in the second half, I still finished under 9:45. I'll just have to work on it.

0 comments: