Friday, March 06, 2009

Day 810 -- More Deer Lodge


Not only am I sticking with Deer Lodge, I'm sticking with Brendan Alexander's Perplexing Times. Brendan seems to have the area pretty well covered. He calls Cottonwood City "a frontier town complete with a handful of fun little buildings, some replica, some authentic, set up to entertain and educate any visitor willing to take the minutes to get themselves acquainted." I'm pretty sure that this is one of the kids we saw dancing the prison blues away yesterday.

It was hard for me to get going this morning. I woke up before the alarm, and started to get ready to run, and I just didn't feel like it. It's been a long week, and a lot of days of running in a row. So I went back to bed. But then I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned for a while, and when I got up, it was still only 5:30, early enough for me to get out and run a fantastically slow five miles. It was one of those rare days when even running couldn't cheer me up.

It turned into a beautiful day, which didn't help. My students were greatly distracted. It was kind of hard to get their attention. And I didn't have as much energy as I could have. I'm going to take the evening off, get to bed early, and try to get caught up on my sleep.

1 comments:

Joe said...

Sometimes a break is the best thing. Sleep...then run. And enjoy the weekend!

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com