Sunday, March 01, 2009

Day 805 -- Goldcreek, or possibly Gold Creek

Mapquest lists the town that I'm running near as "Goldcreek". One word. However, the community page from whence I stole this photo lists it as "Gold Creek." Two words. It's possible that there are two towns with almost the same name -- I've seen weirder on my sojourn -- but the Wikipedia article for Gold Creek describes it as "in southwestern Montana, U.S., on I-90 between Butte and Missoula." In other words, right here. In any case, here I am, standing in front of a church that may or may not be where I am. If you know what I mean.

I decided to start March off with a bang. I ran 12.4 miles. I ran it outdoors, in spite of the fact that the temperature was hovering in the low 20's, with a brisk wind. I decided I would take cold freedom over warm boredom. It was a good run, if not fast. Of course, I'm committed to running every day this week, so pushing myself to the brink of exhaustion may not have been the best idea. But I did, and I'll just have to make it through the rest of the week as best I can.

0 comments: