Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 607 -- Emeryville


Emeryville, California, is home to Pixar Animation Studios. This is totally cool. I love Pixar. They are the best animators and the best story tellers working in the movies today. Apparently I'm not alone. Ken Bautista (that's him on the right, above) posted on the Official Pixar Blog about his trip to the studios in 2006. If I ever get out to Emeryville in Real Life, I am so there!

Anyway, I've run only 4.7 miles in the last three days. I took Thursday off, ran Friday, and then slept in this morning. I may get out later today, but I kind of doubt it.

Last night, I had the privilege of being the chaperon for the Large Group Music Festival. Both the girls went. The first Little Jogger is in band and choir, and the oldest and newest Little Jogger is in choir. So Mrs. J and I contributed twice as many seventh graders as the typical parent, so I felt an obligation to chaperon. It wasn't bad, although I don't know if I did a real good job chaperoning. The choir director, in giving us our charge, said, "Don't let them wander off on their own." Yeah, right. There were 80 billion kids from our school, and a dozen other schools, and pretty much as soon as we touched down, they scattered to the wind. I think we didn't leave any children behind, so I'm counting it as a successful chaperonage.

Classes have ended for the semester. I have exams on Wednesday of next week. I do have some grading to do this weekend, but I'm not in a hurry to do it. I need a little relaxation.

0 comments: