Friday, May 16, 2008

End of Semester Wrap-Up

I finished my grading today. That is, I finished scoring the exams and entering the scores in the computer. I'm not quite all finished, because I still have to decide on the final grades for both courses.

Mostly they are pretty straightforward. The one that has me thinking is someone who did very, very poorly on the final and averaged out to a 79.4. Since I round up, she's literally 0.1% from a B. On the other hand, she did very, very poorly on the final. She got an F, even after I curved the final a little by lowering the total possible points (so everyone's score is taken as a fraction of a lower number.) I don't know what I'm going to do. But usually, if I let it sit 24 hours, it becomes clear to me.

As usual, I'm conflicted about the end of classes. I'm happy, because I can relax a little. I actually have no grading to do. Not just that I'm not doing it. I have no grading to do. For months! On the other hand, I'll miss my students. It was a fun semester, and I'm sorry to see them go.

I'm off tomorrow for Green Bay and the half marathon. (In case you are wondering, yes, I have failed to run three days in a row, now. That's part resting for the half marathon, part sheer laziness.) I'm driving up to Green Bay, staying overnight Sunday, running the race Sunday morning, then staying over another night so that I can visit some friends in Oshkosh on Monday. (It's kind of a working visit; I'm going to talk to them about what they do in their Math Ed course.) The forecast for Sunday morning in Green Bay is cool and cloudy, but no rain until afternoon. In other words, perfect weather for a long race.

0 comments: