Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 618 -- Annadel State Park


From Wandering Lizard, an "Online Magazine with Information relating to attractions, lodging, dining, and travel resources in selected areas of California," comes this photo of the upper section of the W. Richardson trail in Annadel State Park. I'm cheating a bit here, because Annadel State Park is east of Santa Rosa, and I'm heading northwest. But I knew that state parks are always good for a few good photos.

I took yesterday off, at least from aerobic exercise. We took the Little Joggers up to Madison to the zoo and to the botanical garden, which resulted in a lot of walking. Which was fine. I was tired by the end of the day, but not exhausted.

The trip was fun, except for the part where we lost the littlest Little Jogger. We were all watching the otters, and we stepped back to count noses, and came up one short. He says that he turned around from the otters and we weren't there, but of course that's ridiculous. Even in our panicked searching, we made sure that there was somebody standing there by the otters, where we had last seen him. Anyway, we apparently haven't drilled enough that when you find yourself lost, you go back to the last place you saw an adult and stay put. He went wandering off to find us. We lost track of him for maybe 10 or 15 minutes total, but it seemed a lot longer. Certainly long enough for my imagination to run away with me. But eventually we found him, half the zoo away, a little upset, but otherwise intact.

Today I slept in, and then went for a run in the late morning. This turned out to be a good thing, because it was much nicer at 10:30 than it was earlier. It was cold when I did get up, and must have been colder at 5:30. Anyway, I did a brisk 3.6 miles, which felt pretty good, even after being on my feet so much yesterday.

0 comments: