Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day 621 -- Jogger's Progress


TripYTDMay
Distance3605.3679.3124.8
Time23 days, 6 hrs, 29 min
4 days, 16 hrs, 54 mins
21:16
Days62110721
States1521

Mark this down as the first day of summer. It was slightly warmer than it has been. It was about 60 degrees (F), as opposed to the high 40's and low 50's that we've had. But the heat wasn't the problem. In fact, I remember starting out thinking, "This is a great day. I'll be able to run forever." The problem was the humidity. We had storms Thursday night into Friday, and there's still a lot of moisture in the air. After 6.5 miles, I was dripping sweat.

I know, it's going to get worse. Very soon, it will be heat and humidity. This is just a taste of what the summer has in store.

Overall, it was a good month. My total mileage was down. My long run was the half marathon, and I had only one more run in the double digits. But I'm feeling pretty good, and ready to start training for the marathon.

0 comments: