Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 611 -- San Rafael


This is the front of Vin Antico in San Rafael. If you click through for the review, you'll see that the reviewer thinks that "The San Rafael restaurant situation is looking up." Of course, this post was from November, 2006, so who knows if the Vin Antico is even still there. If the restaurant situation in San Rafael is all that typical, it doesn't take long for a place like this to come and go.

I type from my hotel room in Green Bay (technically, in DePere.) Tomorrow is the half marathon. I'm a little disappointed that I'm not running a full marathon. But then again, it show how far I've come, when I think that 13.1 miles is kind of a cop out. In any case, I'll do fine tomorrow. I'm not even trying to run as fast as I ran in Madison last spring. I know that I'm not in as good shape now as I was then. I sort of have my sights set on 2:10, which is 10 minute miles, but the truth is, I'll be happy to finish standing up.

The packet pick-up and expo was at Lambeau Field, the home of my beloved Packers. That was fun. I foolishly neglected to bring a camera. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to have one tomorrow. I'm taking the shuttle bus over to the start of the race, and I wasn't about to leave a camera in my checked gear. But it would have been nice to have one today to take some pictures of Lambeau. In any case, it was fun.

Yes, I did run this morning. I did an easy three miles, just to warm up and stretch out. I'm pretty sure that I'll be in shape tomorrow for a good run. In any case, I'll find out.

0 comments: