Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Day 708 -- Dee


Dee, Oregon, is well south of here. But there's not much around where I am, now, so I'm going to dip down to visit Lost Lake. That's Mount Hood being reflected. Thanks to Joe and Nancy for the photo.

I took another day off yesterday. I've got this tapering thing down. This morning, I got out and ran an easy five miles. It was actually fairly warm, but windy.

Less than two weeks until the marathon. I'm starting to really get nervous about it. I hope that I am sufficiently prepared. I hope that I am mentally tough enough. I'm reading "50/50" by Dean Karnazes, about his feat of running 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. On the one hand, that inspires me. On the other hand, it intimidates me. I'll never be Dean Karnazes. I guess I'll just have to be the best me that I can be.

1 comments:

Kent said...

I can hardly believe that DM is right around the corner! I know come this time next week I will be in full fledge marathon fever.