Thursday, October 23, 2008

TIaRT - Running and Weight Loss...Or Not

Today's topic for Take It and Run Thursday over at Runners' Lounge is "Running and Weight". My contribution to the conversation is to note that running, in and of itself, is not enough to control your weight. I have run some 1400 miles this year, and I have not lost an ounce. I think I've gained a little. I hesitate to think of what I might weigh if I had eaten like I have and not run 1400 miles.

As I said after the marathon, I would like to lose some weight, to make running easier. I'm trying to get serious and get back under 200 pounds. But running alone won't do it. I've also got to control my intake.

The good news is, I don't need to control it that much. Since I am physically very active, I can eat 2200 - 2500 calories a day and still lose weight. I just need to do that.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I like it. The Eat What You Want, but Run A Lot Too diet. It's a catchy title! :)

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Andrew is getting fit said...

Eat less move more eh. Just moving more isn't enough. Bugger.

I know I eat a lot more since I started running.