Sunday, October 19, 2008

Race Day, 4:30 am

The timer to the right says 2 hours, 19 minutes, and 57 seconds. I must have screwed up my Daylight Savings Time, because it's just over three hours to the marathon.

I went to be early, at about 8:30, and I think I fell asleep shortly after 9:00. I must have slept hard. Mrs. Jogger says that she came to bed, we snuggled, she tossed and turned, and eventually she got up to sleep on the sofa, so that she wouldn't keep me awake. I remember none of it. When I woke up at about midnight, she wasn't there, and I wondered why. But I fell back asleep before I could investigate.

I woke up again at 2, and went to the bathroom. That's when I found Mrs. Jogger on the sofa. Still awake. We chatted, and I went back to bed. I slept again until 4. At that point, I just wanted to get up. I stayed in bed for a while, drifting in and out of strange dreams. But now I'm up, and we really have to get moving before too long. It's an hour's drive up to Des Moines, and I want to be there about an hour before the start. Both the girls are coming with us, which could be interesting. They don't normally get along that well. But if I know the Photographer, she'll show them an adventure.

Wish me luck. See you at the finish line.

0 comments: