Saturday, December 20, 2008

Basketball


Now that I have a little time on my hands, I'm trying to do some fun, relaxing things. I took the oldest and newest Little Jogger and one of her friends to a men's basketball game at the University.

Going out in public with a fourteen year old and her girlfriend is a particularly tricky proposition for any Dad. The trick it to be as near to invisible as possible. You should carefully avoid any action, word, or intention that might call attention to yourself, and thus establish that you are, in fact, connected to these two young ladies. I believe that I managed the task, since the Little Jogger admitted afterward that it was fun, and even thanked me.

The game itself was not very competitive. I didn't think our guys played very well, but they still won by 21. With most of the students off on break, the crowd was small and quiet. But it was fun. Perhaps we'll even try to make it to another game one of these days.

0 comments: