Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hibernating


We ain't going anywhere today. It's a thousand degrees below zero, with windchills of minus infinity. Or something like that. I may have the details a little off.

We skipped church this morning. I am imagining the conversation at the Pearly Gates. "Well, you are decent people, you raised four good kids, you helped the poor and marginalized, but you skipped church once in 2008 when it was too cold. I'm afraid that we're going to have to turn down your application. The good news is, you won't have to worry about being too cold any more."

I don't know if I'm going to get to run today. The gym is open from noon to six. But it's really, really cold out. And I'd have to shovel out the car before I could go. I haven't run in two days, so I really want to go. We'll see if I have the motivation or not.

0 comments: