Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 753 -- Almota


There is nothing at all on Washington 26 between Dusty and Colfax. Almota is a bit north of here. I went back to Flikr for this shot, so not much to say about it. This is Todd, on the road near Almota.

I set out to run eight miles this morning. By the time I was halfway through, I knew it wasn't going to be easy. Yesterday's run was late afternoon, after all, so I was still a bit tired. That's the point where you start making deals with yourself. "At least let's run the 40 laps. Don't quit earlier than usual." When you've done that, you tell yourself, "Five more laps is an even six miles." When you've done that, "Five more laps is an even 50." When you've done that, "Two and a half more laps for seven miles." When you've done that, "One more mile." The last five laps, you count down.

And I made it.

0 comments: